About Me

My photo
Renton, Washington, United States
I am a photographer in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in maternity, newborn, family, engagement and wedding photography.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

With my daughter growing so fast, the desire to capture her infancy before it's gone is stronger than ever.  I'm just amazed at her everyday; she learns something new or outgrows yet another set of clothes.  It blows my mind to see just how quick and brilliant she is.  There are only three ways to capture this time in her life:  pictures, video and memories.  I don't want to rely just on memories, so I need to photograph her and take video.

Over the weekend I pulled out my camera again.  It's been sitting in it's case in the office since Anna turned one.  I've been feeling frustrated with myself and it, so I took a little break.  I had bought this gorgeous little white dress before she was ever born and I wanted to take some pictures before she outgrew it.  Even though the dress is frilly and dainty, I knew I wanted a more moody look so I went with natural lighting.  I shot these in my living room with just minimal light from the windows and a couple of floor lamps.  I used Photoshop and Alien Skin Exposure to edit the images. 

My baby isn't such a baby anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment